How would I do a continuous write over a pipe in the following code...

chad cdalten at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 15:46:24 EST 2010

Given the following....

#!/usr/bin/python

import subprocess as s

broadcast = s.Popen("echo test | wall", shell=True,stdout=s.PIPE)

out = broadcast.stdout
while 1:
    out
    broadcast.wait()

broadcast.stdout.close()

The code only executes once. What I want to do is be able to
continuously write over the pipe once it is open. I could put
s.Popen() inside the while loop, but that seems a bit too messy. So is
there some way to just open the pipe once, and once it is open, just
continuously write over it vs just opening and closing the pipe every
time?