Trouble running pywin32-214.win-amd64-py3.1 on 64-bit Windows 7

Steven Cohen steve.l.cohen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 13:35:56 EST 2010

Hello,

I downloaded pywin32-214.win-amd64-py3.1, and it installs just fine (except
that it prints a traceback when it tells me the postinstall script
completed), but then when I try to execute Pythonwin.exe, I get the
following error popup:

The application can not locate win32ui.pyd (or Python) (126)
The specified module could not be found

However, the file win32ui.pyd is right there in the same directory from
which I am executing Pythonwin.exe.  Can anyone help me figure out what I am
doing wrong here?

Thanks.