fork vs threading.Thread

Jordan Apgar twistedphrame at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 22:57:08 EST 2010

I'm trying to run two servers in the same program at once.  Here are
the two:
class TftpServJ(Thread):
    def __init__(self, ip, root, port=69, debug = False ):
        Thread.__init__(self)
        setup stuff here

    def run(self):
        try:
            self.server.listen(self.ip, self.port)
        except KeyboardInterrupt:
            pass

and
class XMLServer(Thread):
    def __init__(self, host, port, hostid, rsa_key):
        Thread.__init__(self)
         setup stuff

    def run(self):
        self.server.serve_forever()

I call them as:
tftpserv = TftpServJ(host, "/home/twistedphrame/Desktop/xmlrpc_server/
server")
tftpserv.run()
xmlserv = XMLServer(host, port, HostID, key)
xmlserv.run()

it seems that tftpserv runs but wont go on to spawn xmlserv as well.
do I need to fork if I want both these to run at the same time?  It
was my impression that by using Thread execution in the main program
would continue.