PExpect Cross-Platform Alternative

Nathan Farrar nathan.farrar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 14:47:24 EST 2010

Hello Community,

Recently I've been automating lots of network operations tasks via simple
python scripts.  Originally, I utilized paramiko but found that the module
had issues working with cisco equipment.  I switched to pexpect and things
have worked wonderfully since (I've been running this scripts in a Linux
environment).  However, I was just tasked to get these scripts running in a
windows environment and to my dismay very quickly realized that pexpect is
not cross platform compatible.

Am I stuck, or are there solutions out there?

Cheers!
Nathan

--
The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring
liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the