python crash on windows but not on linux

hjebbers hjebbers at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 09:32:33 EST 2010

To all,
I am running an EDI translator, and doing stress tests.
When processing a test with a (relatively) big EDI file(s) on
windowsXP  I get a crash:
    'sorry for the inconvenience' etc  (so no clues about what is
causing the problem)

This happens with python 2.4, 2.5, 2.6
It does not happen in the same setup&tests on linux. (while the linux
machine has only half of the RAM of the windows machine).
I am quite sure it is not some external module; there's no GUI (apart
from 'print'), no network connections.
Actually, the crash is not predictable....the crash occurs most of the
time...but at different points.

So basically I am wondering how to proceed.
Is it related to a memory problem? (which does not occur on Linux)

any pointer is very welcome,

henk-jan