question on storing dates in a tuple

m_ahlenius ahleniusm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 20:17:17 EST 2010

Hi,

I have a weird question about tuples.  I am getting some dates from a
mysql db, using the mysqldb interface.  I am doing a standard query
with several of the fields are "datetime" format in mysql.
When I retrieve and print them in python, they look fine.

eg.
storeddate = 2010-02-07 12:03:41

But when I append these dates  into a string to write to an ascii  log
file, they come out as:

datetime.datetime(2010, 2, 7, 12, 03, 41)    (or something along those
lines).

It appears that I am dealing with some sort of date object here.   So
I am just trying to understand what's going on, and whats the best
work with such objects.

thanks

'mark