A silly question on file opening

joy99 subhakolkata1234 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 15:42:17 EST 2010

Dear Group,

I was using Python with IDLE as GUI for quite some time. My Operating
System was Windows XP with Service Pack2.
Recently I changed the Operating System to Windows XP with Service
Pack3. I had to reinstall Python for which I downloaded
"python-2.6.4.msi"and loaded it in my D drive.

Here, as I am trying to open the file if I am giving a statement like,
  file_open=open("python26/file","r")
It is showing an error,
On checking how the files are stored it is showing that it is storing
in D drive directly but not in Python folder in D drive there is no
Python folder at all.
I tried to change the location to D:\file and as I saw in Python Docs
the file reading option is now "r+" so I changed the statement to
   file_open=open("D:\file","r+")
but it is still giving error.
Did I install it wrongly?
If you can please help it out.