Python v. Processing

Sky Larking skylarking11 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 10:29:40 EST 2010

I am a light user of Python in a role as a systems administrator...I
am new to the list, but have grown to really enjoy using Python to
help in my job...Another interest I have ( but haven't fully
explored )  is the idea of using programming as a creative outlet .. I
have heard Processing: http://processing.org/ is a good language for
these sort of endeavors --- I am interested in Processing, but would
rather do similar creative work in  Python (i know that is vague, but
the projects on Processing.org are good examples of what I am
intending to do ). I've tried learning different languages
concurrently, and it is usually too much for me too handle.... Are
there creative types using Python in the way Processing is being
implemented? Just curious of their similarities and differences, and
what Python's limitations maybe be in this arena ( if any ) .

Thanks!