sshd in python for windows 7

News123 news123 at free.fr
Sat Feb 6 19:07:49 EST 2010

Hi,

I wondered which modules would be best to perform following task:

A user uses a standard ssh (e.g. putty or openssh) client and performs
an ssh to a windows host

The windows host would run a python script acting as ssh server.

Instead of controlling a shell the user would directly have access to
stdin/stdout/stderr of another python script.

Another option would of course be to install a non python sshd for windows.

The only ssh server for windows, that I know is however a little heavy
as it is openssh under cygwin (and I only used it on XP hosts.)

I'm still not sure, whether python as sshd is a good choice or whether
any other sshd would be better.

bye