Editor for Python

Laszlo Nagy gandalf at shopzeus.com
Fri Feb 5 13:11:17 EST 2010

   Hi All,

I know that this question was put up on this list a thousand times. I
know that most of the editors are listed here:
http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonEditors

I already tried most of them. But still, I need something that is not
listed there. Requirements:

    * starts and works fast
    * has code folding, displays identation guides
    * auto completion
    * class browser
    * source code browser (e.g. a list of definitions, when you click it
      jumps to the definition
    * integration with pychecker or pylint
    * UTF-8 files
    * free, or not-so-expensive
    * works on linux and windows

The one I'm using now is Geany. It does everything, except class browser
and pychecker/pylint. Now maybe, I can install (or write??) a geany
extension that would allow me to use pychecker. But I could not find
information on that. There where others I tried (PyPE, DrPython,
KomodoEdit, Editra etc.) but all of them failed for some reason. Can you
please suggest another editor that I could try? Or send me a link that
tells how to write or install pychecked plugin for Geany.

Thanks,

    Laszlo