Repeat an exception

mf mf2286 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 21:33:33 EST 2010

I'm translating a db from english to spanish with the Google
translator API. The problem is when a TranslationError occurs(usually
because of connection problems). I can
except the first one, but I don't know how to except again. I "solved"
the problem by saving temp db's and then joining them, but it must be
a pythonic way to do it.

Here's a snippet from the code:

english_field = oldDb[i].fieldData[0]           #oldDb is a db filled
with english words
    try:
        spanish_field = translate(english_field, lang_to='es',
lang_from='en')
    except TranslationError:
        spanish_field = translate(english_field, lang_to='es',
lang_from='en')

#Then I save the fields into a new db