mouse input in turtle module

Brian Blais bblais at bryant.edu
Wed Feb 3 17:57:55 EST 2010

Hello,

I would like to find a way to pause, and get mouse input in the
turtle module.  Since it is built on tk, I thought perhaps there
would be an easy way, but I am stumped.  Specifically, I'd like
something like:

x,y,button=mouse_input() # pause in here until the mouse is clicked
in the turtle window

I know about the screenclick, where I can define a callback but I
couldn't rig it to pause until a mouse clicked, even using global
flags.  Is there an example of this somewhere?  For a bonus, I'd love
to be able to <esc> out of it, either raising an exception or return
a button=-1 or something.

thanks,

		Brian Blais

--