Tkinter: The good, the bad, and the ugly!

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 19:46:24 EST 2010

On Dec 30, 6:32 pm, Robert <sigz... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Exactly how is Tcl too limited in your view?

Well Robert if have explain to you why C and Python make Tcl look
limited by comparison then explaining will probably do neither of us
any good. But if you think Tcl is so great by all means go spend the
next couple of years writing legacy code until you realize one day it
was all for nothing.

But let's get back on topic here shall we. I have some questions
specifically for you Robert...

1. Have you ever used Tkinter?
2. If so, explain what you created with it in detail?
3. What is your opinion of Tkinter as to it's usefulness within the
stdlib?
4. How long should we keep Tkinter in the stdlib?
5. Should Python even have a GUI in the stdlib?
6. If Python should have a GUI, then what traits would serve our
community best?

I will be really surprised if you answer any of these questions. And
sorry, but i did not have time to spec out a multiple choice Q&A for
you. So take your time Robert. :)