Embedding a Python IDE on Windows based Application

Sathish S sathish at solitontech.com
Thu Dec 30 06:15:41 EST 2010

Hi Ppl,

I'm trying to use python for a macro recorder. In short I have a windows
based application, which has a macro recorder. The macros are captured as a
python script and when the script is executed they accomplish the user
action done on my application. I've written python scripts that can invoke
the user events on the application through ActiveX server of my application.

I've been trying to run these macro python scripts using the command line
option from my application. I also explored the extending and embedding the
python interpreter <http://docs.python.org/extending/> option for executing
my python scripts from my application. But I feel it will be great if I
can embed a simple  xpython IDE on my application to write these macro
python scripts and debug them. I tried searching for any python IDE's which
are available as ActiveX or .net containers, so that I can easily embed
them. But I had no success.

Is there any way I can accomplish this?

Thanks,
Sathish