Interning own classes like strings for speed and size?

Ulrich Eckhardt doomster at knuut.de
Mon Dec 27 16:45:06 EST 2010

Terry Reedy wrote:
> What sort of numbers are the coordinates? If integers in a finite range,
> your problem is a lot simpler than if float of indefinite precision.

Yes, indeed, I could optimize the amount of data required to store the data
itself, but that would require application-specific handling of the data,
which is actually not what I want to learn about. If it was that, I'd use a
language where I have lower-level access to the system. ;)

Thanks nonetheless!

Uli