Python Average Salary Report

Alice Bevan–McGregor alice at gothcandy.com
Sat Dec 25 09:16:29 EST 2010

Howdy!

> I'm doing a market research report on the average hourly rates for
> Python/Django developers. Any input on this? I do understand that it
> does depend on the location, amount of experience and skills. I'd like
> to hear what are the hourly rates within your area :-) Thanks!

I'm a strange case, but I like to charge my clients what my clients
charge theirs.  It's only fair.  ;)

This, of course, results in my rates varying from between $25 and $125,
with a mean of ~$50/hr.

More often, though, fixed payment is arranged on a per-project basis
regardless of hours, which I understand to be a dangerous practice.
(Scope creep is my arch nemesis! ;)

	- Alice