Hosting a Python based TCP server

Dan M catdude at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 09:34:00 EST 2010

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 04:01:03 -0800, Oltmans wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm writing a very small TCP server(written in Python) and now I want to
> host it on some ISP so that it can be accessed anywhere from the
> Internet. I've never done that before so I thought I should ask for some
> advice. Do you guys know any good ISP that can let me do that?
>
> Most importantly, what is usually involved in order to make this happen?
>
> Please pardon my ignorance and I will really appreciate your reply.
> Thanks in advance.

Amazon Web Services is offering micro-instances (essentially a small
virtual server) free for one year. Since you would have root access to
the instance, you can run anything you want that doesn't violate Amazon's
terms of service.

Send me an e-mail directly (catdude at gmail dot com) if you have
questions about it.

Dan