Catching user switching and getting current active user from root on linux

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Dec 22 16:20:54 EST 2010

On 12/22/2010 2:28 PM, mpnordland wrote:
> ok, I'll give one more chance.
> First, to pacify those who hate google groups: What is a good usenet
> client?

Thunderbird is OK for me (I follow about three groups normally). I
access the comp.lang.python group vie the Gmane ("Main") service, where
for some strange resaon best known to the gmane admins it is called
gmane.comp.python.general. Ho, hum.

I seem to remember Outlook Express was a fairly decent NNTP client as
well, and Tim Peters says I'm not just blowing smoke up your ass.

> second, How should I set up this proxy so that when a connection is
> made, it request's authentication, and then log's the request, if
> authentication is not gotten, how do I have it block (or firewall) the
> request? Furthermore, I would like for the proxy to be squid. So all
> of the nitty gritty should have to do with squid.

I would recommend you take a look at the Spambayes code, which does all
that sort of stuff apparently quite reliably.

If you aren't yet proficient enough with Python to understand the code
on your own look for a Python Meetup or a local or regional conference
to meet people who will helpyou answer your questions.

Increasingly there are workspaces like HacDC springing up to give people
access to advanced technologies at everyday prices. You could look for
such a group locally. There's lots of energy from people once they
realise that what gets built can help them.

Squid is a different matter. For that, probably if you go on an IRC
channel (freenode.net is what I use, but others have their favorites).
Maybe #squid?

regards
 Steve
PyCon 2011 Atlanta March 9-17       http://us.pycon.org/