Google AI challenge: planet war. Lisp won.

Jason Earl jearl at notengoamigos.org
Tue Dec 21 02:04:09 EST 2010

On Mon, Dec 20 2010, Jon Harrop wrote:

> Wasn't that the "challenge" where they wouldn't even accept solutions
> written in many other languages (including both OCaml and F#)?
>
> Cheers,
> Jon.

http://ai-contest.com/faq.php

Question: There is no starter package for my favorite language. What
          shall I do?

Answer: You don't know C++, Java, or Python? Okay fine. Tell the forums
        what starter package you want to see, and we will try our best
        to make it for you.

The folks working on Lisp submissions apparently created their own
starter package.  I am sure that something similar could have been done
for OCaml or F#.

That's probably too bad.  These types of competitions are good publicity
for less popular languages (assuming that the bots to well).

Jason