O'Reilly Python Certification

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Wed Dec 15 17:01:04 EST 2010

On 12/15/2010 03:11 PM, Steve Holden wrote:
> On 12/15/2010 3:40 PM, Tim Chase wrote:
>> On a more serious note, it would be interesting to know if it's possible
>> to test out of the certification for those of us that have been using
>> Python for a long time.
>
> That's an interesting idea - let a bunch of experienced Python users
> tell me what a lousy job I have done of explaining the language. :)

Actually Stephan read what I intended -- a way to take the final
test (and receive the cert) without belaboring the taker or you
with the actual course-work.  I did that with several classes
back in college where I needed a prereq. for a class but was able
to ace the final for that prereq to show the prof(s) that I knew
the material.  Saved me a semester-long class in each case, and
saved the professor the time spent grading my stuff.

That said, having peer-review of your course material can (well,
*should*) only improve it.

-tkc