O'Reilly Python Certification

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Dec 15 13:14:26 EST 2010

On 12/15/2010 12:54 PM, Ethan Furman wrote:
> So I just got an e-mail from O'Reilly and their School of Technology
> about a Python Certification course...  anybody have any experience with
> this?
>
> It also says Steve Holden is involved -- is this True?  (Steve?)

Well, it's not not not False. You think O'Reilly would publish lies on
their web site? :-)

I am a little more that involved. In ham and eggs the chicken is
involved. I am committed, like the pig, having got three of the four
classes into production after almost two years' work. So for those of
you who may have wondered why I have been on c.l.py only sporadically
lately, now you know.

The certificate will come from the University of Illinois after
approximately 160 hours of study. By the end of the series you should
have a substantial corpus of Python code that you have typed in
yourself, understand and can discuss with potential employers and
others. You will have a fair knowledge of Python and you will be
accustomed to test-driven development.

> ~Ethan~
>
> PS
>
> Can you tell I've been programming?  ;)

I would really like to hear from anyone who takes the class. I would
like to ensure that it is kept up to date and relevant with continuous
improvements, and feedback will be invaluable in helping me to achieve
this goal.

regards
 Steve
PyCon 2011 Atlanta March 9-17       http://us.pycon.org/