How to experience python on a handheld, tablet, etc on linux?

Benjamin Kaplan benjamin.kaplan at case.edu
Tue Dec 14 21:06:34 EST 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 6:30 PM, stateslave <stonesnake at kol.co.nz> wrote:

> Without buying first?
>
> I'd like to run the front end of all these new devices,
> on my PC and program in python, to assess which is the
> best on for me. pre-test python scripts before cross
>
> Is that possible? It would also be nice to have some of
> the look and feel on a PC of these devices anyway, with
> python of course.
>
> Has that be done yet?
>
> Any hints? Cheers in advance.
> --

Python on Linux is Python on Linux. Whether you have Ubuntu running on
a tablet or on a desktop, it's going to behave the same. There are
going to be two important things different between running Linux on
your PC and running it on a tablet: the processor and the UI. And
there's really no good way to simulate either one of those.