while True or while 1

Kurt Mueller kurt.alfred.mueller at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 06:37:29 EST 2010

Am 14.12.2010 11:33, schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:

>>> ... print "Looping"
>>> ... True = 0
>>
>> Just remember that if you use that inside a function, you'll
>> have to initialise True to True before... er, wait a moment,
>> that won't work... ah, I know:
>>
>> def f(true = True):
>> True = true
>> while True:
>> True = False
>
> Thankfully, with Python 3 this code falls flat on its face.
>
> If I would have to _consume_ code like that more often,
> it would require me to also use a vomit resistant keyboard cover..
>
> Pete

True yesterday, today and in the future:

Yesterday:
"Pilate said to him, True? what is true?
 Having said this he went out again to the Jews
 and said to them, I see no wrong in him."

Today:
We are so thankful that today we are free
to define "True" ourselves using Python 2.x.

Future:
Be warned, the future gets darker!

;-)

Grüessli