Python distribution recommendation?

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 09:31:04 EST 2010

Ok, thank you all for your recommendations.

I think I will install ActivePython because it seems that it offers more features for Windows programming than the other distro (by default, which is important for a beginner).

I will use WxPython and not other GUIS like QT, Tk or GTK because they are not accessible for screen readers, so I will also need to install WxPython if ActiveState's Python doesn't include it.

Octavian