Which non SQL Database ?

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Sun Dec 5 08:03:52 EST 2010

On 12/05/2010 03:41 AM, Alan Gauld wrote:
> Why not use SQL?
> SQLlite comes with Python, is small, easy to use and if necessary
> can be used in-memory and as such fast.

The only reason I could see using something other than sqlite3
for such a use-case would be if the OP has to support Python
before version 2.5 and can't add/install the sqlite libraries to
his deployment platform(s).  I've got a couple targets still
running 2.4 and regularly mutter under my breath when I reach for
sqlite to find it's not there.

-tkc