Packages at Python.org

kirby.urner at gmail.com kirby.urner at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 15:56:59 EST 2010

> http://packages.python.org/dbf/
>
> So how *do* you get source code from such a web place?  I'm not
> finding
> a tar ball or installer.  Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, like
> a link
> to Sourceforge.

Thanks to very quick replies with pointers to

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/dbf/

instead of to packages.python.org/dbf

So this packages.python.org subdomain is perhaps
unaware of its pypi.python.org competition, which
has a brighter and more open look and feel?

What's the story there I wonder?

Quite an archeology (reminds me of the Vaults of
Parnassus).

Thanks again, for restoring me to productivity
(was dead in the water for a minute there).

Kirby