Python's equivalent to Main calling program and subprograms

goldtech goldtech at worldpost.com
Wed Dec 1 11:16:28 EST 2010

Hi,

Could someone link me to info - I'm sure this is commonly done:

"Long ago" with Fortran and Pascal there was a pattern used a lot. It
was like:

Start
Main
    Global Var
    Subprogram1
    Subprogram2
    Subprogram3
End of Main
End

The global var was a var that all the subprograms could access. I
wanted a container for several scripts that run in succession one
after dhere other.  This has to be newbie stuff - sorry to ask. If you
could give me some keywords or link me or provide a simple example I
would be grateful.

Thanks