PyGeo

L lamlbiro at optusnet.com.au
Mon Aug 30 02:42:39 EDT 2010

On 30/08/10 05:00, Thomas Jollans wrote:
> On Sunday 29 August 2010, it occurred to L to exclaim:
>
>> has anyone successfully installed PyGeo under python 2.7 (prefer ubuntu
>> 10.04) ,
>> the site says
>>
>>    http://www.wspiegel.de/pymaxima/index_en.html
>>
>> "Note: The installation of PyGeo work's only under Python 2.4 (The
>> further development of pygeo seems to be stopped)"
>>
>> is this to do with re-org of site-packages, dist_packages etc.
>>
>> any help most appreciated.
>>
> I don't know. I haven't tried. Maybe somebody else here has, but don't count
> on it. Have you tried it? If not, then why not? Try it. Maybe it just works.
> As far as I know, distutils haven't changed much, carefully avoiding any
> changes that could break packages.
>
> I think it's entirely possible that the web page author claiming "the
> installation" doesn't work was referring only to the Windows installer.
>
> Have fun,
> Thomas

I have tried it and as soon as you try any of the examples  in the
examples dir it cannot find numpy etc....

I have manually move the pygeo dirs and contents to
/usr/lib/python2.6/dis-packages,

  (this is the directory where numpy, numeric and scipy were installed
when using synaptic )

  made sure that    read and write permissions set for ALL FILES and
DIRECTORIES to RW using sudo chmod 777

any ideas.