How far can stack [LIFO] solve do automatic garbage collection and prevent memory leak ?

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Tue Aug 24 12:24:17 EDT 2010

John Bokma <john at castleamber.com> writes:

> On the other hand: some people I knew during my studies had no problem
> at all with introducing countless memory leaks in small programs (and
> turning off compiler warnings, because it gave so much noise...)

[...]

> As for electrical engineering: done that (BSc) and one of my class
> mates managed to connect a transformer the wrong way
> around.... twice. Yet he had the highest mark in our class.

Anybody worth his salt in his profession has a trail of broken things in
his history.  The faster it thinned out, the better he learned.  The
only reliable way never to break a thing is not to touch it in the first
place.  But that will not help you if it decides to break on its own.

--
David Kastrup