Installing pymssql

Thomas Jollans thomas at jollybox.de
Mon Aug 23 17:57:06 EDT 2010

On Monday 23 August 2010, it occurred to f1crazed to exclaim:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to the python world.  I'm trying the install the pymssql
> package and have been unsuccessful.  I am running Win7 x64.  Here is
> the output I get when I try to build the pymssql package:
>
> [snip: missing symbols 64 bit blah]

This appears to be a known bug:
http://code.google.com/p/pymssql/issues/detail?id=11
There is a comment by the reporter:

" This is likely because the 'freetds.zip' included in the source distribution
only has 32-bit libraries (lib/libTDS.lib). "

Assuming this analysis is correct, maybe you can find (or, more likely,
create) a 64-bit build of libTDS and use that.