DDE Module for Python 3.1.2

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Mon Aug 23 08:12:02 EDT 2010

On 23/08/2010 13:02, Stefan Behnel wrote:
> Madhusoodan, 23.08.2010 13:50:
>> I am learning python 3.1.2 on windows XP. I wanted to do experiments
>> on importing real time data from QuoteCenter with DDE.
>
> What's DDE here?

It'll be Microsoft's Dynamic Data Exchange :

   http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms648711%28VS.85%29.aspx

Didn't know anyone was still using it explicitly.

>> After searching
>> relevant module, I found dde module only for Python 2.6, but not for
>> 3.1.2.
>
> Could you provide a link to the module, so that we know what module you
> are actually talking about?

I expect that'll be the dde module in the pywin32 packages:

http://pywin32.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pywin32/pywin32/win32/Demos/dde/

I haven't run any tests against it, but it imports ok on
my 3.1.2 instance (albeit after importing win32ui)

TJG