How far can stack [LIFO] solve do automatic garbage collection and prevent memory leak ?

Richard Harter cri at tiac.net
Thu Aug 19 11:25:51 EDT 2010

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 01:39:09 -0700 (PDT), Nick Keighley
<nick_keighley_nospam at hotmail.com> wrote:

>On 17 Aug, 18:34, Standish P <stnd... at gmail.com> wrote:

>> How are these heaps being implemented ? Is there some illustrative
>> code or a book showing how to implement these heaps in C for example ?
>
>any book of algorithms I'd have thought
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_memory_allocation
>http://www.flounder.com/inside_storage_allocation.htm
>
>I've no idea how good either of these is

The wikipedia page is worthless.  The flounder page has
substantial meat, but the layout and organization is a mess.  A
quick google search didn't turn up much that was general - most
articles are about implementations in specific environments.