looping through possible combinations of McNuggets packs of 6,9 and 20

Baba raoulbia at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 14:37:43 EDT 2010

Hi News123

Thank You for helping me out. Indeed i am not looking for the code but
rather for hints that direct my reasoning as well as hints as to how
to write basic programs like this.

You have broken down the approach into 2 parts. I have tried to solve
part 1 but i'm not quite there yet. Here's my code:

def can_buy(n_nuggets):
    for a in range (1,n_nuggets):
        for b in range (1,n_nuggets):
            for c in range (1,n_nuggets):
                if 6*a+9*b+20*c==n_nuggets:
                    #print a,b,c,'n_nuggets=',n_nuggets
                    return True
                else:
                    return False

can_buy(55)

as you can see i am trying to loop through all combinations of values
bewtween 1 and n_nuggets and when the equation resolves it should
return True, else it should return False.

I was hoping that when i then call my function and ask it to test a
value nothing happens. What is wrong? My syntax? My semantic? Both?

tnx
Baba