Long rant about Python in Education

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Thu Aug 12 13:22:15 EDT 2010

"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy at druid.net> writes:

> On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 05:05:55 -0700 (PDT)
> เข้านอน <iktomus.heyokis at gmail.com> wrote:
>> have to teach them to enjoy programming, enjoy computers, and develop
>> their minds in a way that doesn't involve becoming 'Imams' who are
>> essentially the learned mafia bosses of terrorism.
>
> This is the point that I stopped reading your "message" and added you
> to my blacklist.  Goodbye.

For what it's worth, same here.

Also, I don't think it's a good idea to force a learning environment or
an OS on a child. IMO it works best if you let the child discover and be
a guide, not "thou should not use Windows".

Not so remarkable that the rant moves from an extremistic teaching
environment to an extremistic world view. From hating everything that's
not Linux and idolizing the CLI to hating everything that is different
in general.

--
John Bokma                                                               j3b

Hacking & Hiking in Mexico -  http://johnbokma.com/