Beyond the moratorium

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Thu Aug 12 03:17:04 EDT 2010

Vito 'ZeD' De Tullio, 12.08.2010 08:49:
> I know, maybe I'm just lazily speculating, but I'm curious about what's
> next, in python, when GvR will stop the moratorium and will let changes in
> the language.
>
> I don't know what to expect... some syntax sugar about concurrent
> programming? static types? an erlang-style "bang" (!) process message
> passing?

One of the reasons the moratorium was established was to reduce the time
spent in overly speculative discussions about various features that will
most likely not end up in the language anyway. Also note that your examples
above span both the language and the stdlib, which are put under different
constraints by the moratorium.

Stefan