Python "why" questions

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Tue Aug 10 07:51:17 EDT 2010

Ben Finney wrote:
> "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy at druid.net> writes:
>

>> No.  You are giving me math and logic but the subject was common
>> sense.
>>

> Common sense is often unhelpful, and in such cases the best way to teach
> something is to plainly contradict that common sense.
>
> Common sense, for example, would have the Earth as a flat surface with
> the Sun and Moon as roughly-identically-sized objects orbiting the
> Earth. Is it better to pander to that common sense, or to vigorously
> reject it in order to teach something more useful?

I could'nt agree more. If it was not for my scolarship, I would gladly
think that the earth is flat and the sun is moving around. It took
thousands of years for *1* man to figure out that was wrong.
So if there is one thing that common sense is not helpful, then that
thing is finding the Truth.

JM

"Ignorance is the mother of all traditions" (V. Hugo)