Python -Vs- Ruby: A regexp match to the death!

sturlamolden sturlamolden at yahoo.no
Mon Aug 9 21:51:44 EDT 2010

On 9 Aug, 10:21, Steven D'Aprano <st... at REMOVE-THIS-
cybersource.com.au> wrote:

> And that it's quite finicky about blank lines between methods and inside
> functions. Makes it hard to paste code directly into the interpreter.

The combination of editor, debugger and interpreter is what I miss
most from Matlab. In Matlab we can have a function or script open in
an editor, and use it directly from the interpreter. No need to
reimport or anything: edit and invoke. It is also possible to paste
data directly from the clipboard into variables in the interpreter.

ipython does not have that annoying >>> prompt.