Replace and inserting strings within .txt files with the use of regex

Νίκος nikos.the.gr33k at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 06:34:30 EDT 2010

On 9 Αύγ, 13:06, Peter Otten <__pete... at web.de> wrote:

> > So since its utf-8 what the problem of opening it?
>
> Python says it's not, and I tend to believe it.

You are right!

I tried to do the same exact openign via IDLE enviroment and i goth
the encoding of the file from there!

>>> open("d:\\test\\index.php" ,'r')
<_io.TextIOWrapper name='d:\\test\\index.php' encoding='cp1253'>

Thats why in the error in my previous post it said
File "C:\Python32\lib\encodings\cp1253.py", line 23, in decode
it tried to use the cp1253 encoding.

But now sicne Python as we see can undestand the nature of the
encoding what causing it not to open the file?