easy question on parsing python: "is not None"

Sat Aug 7 08:05:02 EDT 2010

On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 14:28:19 +1000, Ben Finney wrote:

> Steven D'Aprano <steve at REMOVE-THIS-cybersource.com.au> writes:
>
>> On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 12:07:53 -0400, wheres pythonmonks wrote:
>>
>> > P.S. Sorry for the top-post -- is there a way to not do top posts
>> > from gmail? I haven't used usenet since tin.
>>
>> Er, surely you can just move the cursor before you start typing???
>
> I like to think that the cursor is placed at the top by default so that
> <URL:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Interleaved_style> is
> easy: just travel down through the quoted material, removing it if not
> relevant and inserting one's responses where needed.

Yes, but apparently millions of Internet users have keyboards where
neither the cursor keys nor backspace/delete works. Being unable to
interleave their reply with the quoted text, they end up quoting the
entire week-long thread at the bottom of every email they send.

I blame Manservant Neville.

--
Steven