Python Portability--Not very portable?

Fri Aug 6 18:47:36 EDT 2010

On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 10:58:24 -0700, W. eWatson wrote:

> Is there a complete illustration of using disutils? Our only
> dependencies are on Python Org material. We use no commercial or
> licensed code.

Oh my, the sheer ignorance that sentence reveals.

Python and the standard library *is* licensed. I mean, good grief, when
you start up Python's interpreter, it even says:

Similarly any C compiler you use will also be licensed. If it's not, you
have no right to use it! (Unless you can find a public domain compiler,
which I doubt exists, and even if one does, I doubt it will be very good.)

--
Steven