Python Portability--Not very portable?

Fri Aug 6 18:26:59 EDT 2010

On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 08:00:55 -0700, W. eWatson wrote:

>>> I would think there are some small time and big time Python players
>>> who sell executable versions of their programs for profit?
>>
>> Yes. What's your point?
> That someone must know how to distribute them without having the source
> code ripped off.

That's what copyright law is for.

If you think that distributing object code (instead of source code) is
going to deter a serious hacker, you're deluded.

Besides, I don't mean to be rude, but what makes you think anyone would
care about stealing your code? If you think people are interested in
stealing your code, you're almost certainly wrong. The world is full of
coders who think their two-bit text editor or re-implementation of PacMan
is the most precious, precious software in existence. The vast majority
of them are wrong.

--
Steven