python interview quuestions

geremy condra debatem1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 16:28:53 EDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 11:45 AM, James Mills
<prologic at shortcircuit.net.au> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 4:32 AM, Tim Chase <python.list at tim.thechases.com> wrote:
>>> I would like to aquint myself with Python Interview questions
>>
>> This came up a while ago:
>>
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/python-list@python.org/msg168961.html
>>
>> Most of that thread is still relevant (perhaps throw in some py3l questions
>> too)
>
> A common thing you can do in interviews is ask
> your interviewee to write (in Python) a solution
> to the "FizzBuzz" problem. Any good competent
> Python programmer should be able to do this
> in 5-10mins (5 if you're good).
>
> cheers
> james

If I had to wait 5 minutes while a candidate tried to solve this
problem I would not hire them.

One minute, fine- maybe you're just a little rusty or nervous, or the
rare person who has to back away from real-world programming concerns
to deal with a trivial problem like this. If English isn't your native
tongue I might double or even triple that. Otherwise, no way- I'm
going to spend more time hanging over your head than you'll save me.

Geremy Condra