avoiding top posts in gmail [was easy question on parsing python: "is not None"]

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Thu Aug 5 18:10:12 EDT 2010

On 05Aug2010 12:07, wheres pythonmonks <wherespythonmonks at gmail.com> wrote:
| P.S. Sorry for the top-post -- is there a way to not do top posts from
| gmail?  I haven't used usenet since tin.

The standard way is with attitude: view having your cursor at the top
not as forcing you to top post but as an opportunity to start pruning
the quoted text to leave only the relevant bits. And as you prune,
you stick your reply text below the relevant quoted text that remains,
with a blank line between.

I spent a few months in a strongly GMail workplace with technical people
who produced nicely interleaved/pruned/bottom posted conversations this
way all the time. Works well.

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

To be or not to be?    Not to be.