Why is python not written in C++ ?

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Thu Aug 5 09:46:28 EDT 2010

> OK, I have a copy of K&R 2nd Ed on a shelf within reach here. Can you point
> out some behaviour that C programmers might need to rely on, that is not
> specified in that document?

"need to" is considerably different from "might".  Size of an
int, assumptions that int=pointer, evaluation order of postfix
increment/decrement...

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/625333/how-to-limit-the-impact-of-implementation-dependent-language-features-in-c

or http://tinyurl.com/263jayy if mailers between here & there
break the URL)

Just because facilities (macros, best-practices, etc) have been
established for some of these things doesn't mean a programmer
will reach for them if their code happens to work locally without
them.  Trust me...I've encountered PLENTY of such code in
production before I left behind (for the most part) the world of C.

-tkc