A useful, but painful, one-liner to edit money amounts

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Aug 5 07:06:17 EDT 2010

Peter Otten wrote:
> 'en_US.UTF8'
> $13,535.00

Okay, so if I'm writing a wsgi app, and I want to format depending on
the choices of the currently logged in users, what would you recommend?

I can't do setlocale, since that would affect all users, and in a
mult-threaded environment that would be bad.

Does that mean the whole locale package is useless to all web-app builders?

Chris