Why is python not written in C++ ?

Carl Banks pavlovevidence at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 21:19:38 EDT 2010

On Aug 4, 4:23 pm, Paul Rubin <no.em... at nospam.invalid> wrote:
> Java was also on the OO bandwagon of the 1990's, which
> translated into good marketing back then, but is part of the cause of
> the massive bureaucracy and bloat in the Java runtime environment.  C++
> seems to have made something of a comeback because of this, and Java now
> has generics patterned after C++'s.

When I first studied Java, my first impression of the language was
that it had a Prime Directive that, "other than single inheritance and
being kinda like C, don't do anything C++ did".

Not a bad policy, actually.  However, omitting generics was probably
the second worst thing about Java (the worst thing being the awful AWT
design).

Carl Banks