Trying to run Python 2.7 on Windows 7 and any suggestions onbooks/websites for "dummies guide to python" type learning

Mark Tolonen metolone+gmane at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 01:01:23 EDT 2010

"ben owen" <troabarton69 at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:SNT124-W51CDF963A687DD653CC804CCAD0 at phx.gbl...

Hi everyone, I'm new to this and was needing help with trying to learn/work
with Python 2.7 on my computer. I'm running Windows 7 and trying to learn
python programming from an older book from 1999 by Mark Lutz and David
Ascher my boss gave me, and for some reason none of my script/modules for
the exercises are working on my comp. Mostly they give either a syntax error
on the python command line or something about the file/module not being
found on the windows command line. Also, does anyone where i can find/get
something similar to the book for my own?

Ben

Post actual code and actual results including error messages (cut-n-paste)
and you'll get better answers.

Google is your friend for finding books and tutorials.

-Mark