how best to clear objects from a frame

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 2 17:52:27 EDT 2010

On 02/08/2010 04:13, rantingrick wrote:
> On Aug 1, 7:12 pm, Chris Hare<ch... at labr.net>  wrote:
>> Here is the situation:
>>
>> I have a window with a bunch of widgets in it.  I want to clear the objects in a given frame and recreate them to update them.
>
> You need to check out the "w.update" and "w.update_idletasks" methods
> available on all Tkinter widgets. Just FYI: to remove a widget from
> view without destroying it use "w.pack_forget" or "w.grid_forget".
> However if you are simply trying to refresh a widget use one of the
> update methods.

I don't understand the technical content of this thread, but I'm very
pleased to see rantingrick being positive, well done!!! :) I know that
we've crossed swords in the past but believe that bygones should be
bygones.  Can we call it quits and help to take Python forward?

Kindest regards.

Mark Lawrence.