Why is there no platform independent way of clearing a terminal?

David Robinow drobinow at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 12:51:30 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Benjamin Kaplan
<benjamin.kaplan at case.edu> wrote:
> So these are the packages needed just to run Python in Ubuntu. It doesn't
> include the packages required for the kernel, the desktop environment, the
> window manager, the terminal, and whatever else you want running. In my
> fairly clean Ubuntu VM (I use it almost exclusively for testing), I have
> close to 1500 packages installed.
 As an admittedly stupid comparison, I have 1579 DLLs in my
\windows\system32 directory.
Some number of these have been upgraded by Windows Update. This is XP
Service Pack 3.
I'm not sure if this means that Windows is better because it has more
packages or that it is worse because it's got too many. :)