Why is there no platform independent way of clearing a terminal?

Sun Aug 1 03:18:19 EDT 2010

In message <mailman.1382.1280646210.1673.python-list at python.org>, Mark
Lawrence wrote:

> On 01/08/2010 07:50, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>
>> In message<mailman.1381.1280643817.1673.python-list at python.org>, Mark
>> Lawrence wrote:
>>
>>> Personally I find double clicking on an msi file rather easier.
>>
>> Easier than apt-get dist-upgrade?
>
> I'm sorry but I only do English, could you please translate. :)

I run Debian Unstable, which has new goodies coming out on a weekly basis.
The last time I checked for updates, there were over 500 packages I had
installed for which updates were available. It only took a command like the
above to upgrade them all.

How many .msi files would you have to click on to achieve the Windows
equivalent?